1 (473) 534-3400 / 1 (473) 435-8734 grenadarealtors@gmail.com

Frequently Asked Questions

1)    Q : Is the Citizenship By investment Act part of Grenadian Legislation?
        A : The Citizenship By Investment Act is part of the Grenadian legislation.
 The Grenada Citizenship by  Investment Act 15, 201


2)   Q : Is this legislation documented?
       A The legislation is documented and is part of the laws of Grenada having been passed by Parliament.


3)   Q : As a Grenadian Citizen Where can I travel without a Visa?
      A : Grenadian citizens can travel without visa restrictions to many international and Commonwealth countries. There is also an agreement (subject                to ratification) with the  European Union, which will enable Grenadian’s free travel through the E.U. In total there  will be approximately 110 countries that                Grenadian’s can visit without a visa.


4)   Q : Are there any other benefits as a citizen of Grenada?
      A : Grenada is part of the Commonwealth and therefore is part of a grouping, which is committed to the highest standards of law and justice,                           human  and social rights and other internationally accepted practices. Grenadians can travel without restrictions throughout the Commonwealth.

5)   Q : How does Grenadian Citizenship help my Child’s Education?
      A : Grenada is home to the best United States offshore University, St. George’s University. It is one of the best medical, veterinary and arts &                             sciences  schools and graduates are trained in some of the best hospitals in the USA and UK. It is internationally accredited and currently has 6,500                           students from  over 142 countries.

6)  Q : What documents do I need to prepare?
     A : These are all listed in the application pack.

7)  Q : As a Citizen of Grenada,do I have to live in Grenada?
     A : No you do not but you are welcome to do so.

8)  Q : Do I need to renounce my current passport to receive Grenadian Citizenship?
     A : Under Grenadian law you do not need to renounce any other citizenship.


9)  Q : When do I receive the passport?  
     A : Your application for Citizenship By Investment will be approved within 60 days of submission (subject to a satisfactory due diligence and the                         deposit of the escrow funds being received) and your passport applied for, and issued thereafter.


10)  Q : Do I need to visit Grenada as part of the Passport application?
      A : You do not need to visit Grenada during application process.


11)  Q : Does Citizenship extend to my spouse and children?
      A : Yes, citizenship is extended to your wife, dependent children and dependent parents. Fees for family members are provided with the application                form.


12)  Q :  How many years is the Passport valid? 
       A :  All Grenadian and C.E.C passports are valid for five years.


13)   Q : How do I renew my passport when it expires? 
       A :  It can be renewed through the Grenadian consulate in London or directly through the Grenada passport and Immigration office.


14)  Q : How  can I be sure that my passport will be renewed upon expiry?
       A : As part of the laws of Grenada citizens are entitled to a passport and cannot be denied.

15)  Q : Does Grenada accept persons from all parts of the world.
       A : Every person from all parts of the world is welcomed if they do not have a criminal record.

16)   Q : Do I need an address in Grenada if I renew my passport?
         A : No – you would just give the address of your principal residence.


17)   Q : What is the process for Citizenship by Investment?
       A : An application must be completed and submitted with the required documentation and the investment funds transferred to the escrow                              account.

18)  Q : If I sell my investment do I need to renounce Citizenship?
      A : No, the citizenship is yours for life.

19)  Q : What criteria will be used to issue a passport?
       A : The passport can be delivered to your attorney in Grenada who can then courier it to you. There is no need to visit Grenada to collect it.